A guide to life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The story to remember.

Go down

The story to remember. Empty The story to remember.

Post by Admin Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:38 am

Here is a story.

From the book : The monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin S. Sharma.

'' Yogi Raman told me that the seven virtues for a life overflowing with inner peace, joy and a wealth of spiritual gifts were contained within a mystical fable. This fable was the essence of it all. He asked me to shut my eyes as I have now done, here on the floor of the living room. He then told me to picture the following scene in my mind's eye'' :

You are sitting in the middle of a magnificent, lush, green garden. This garden is filled with the most spectacular flowers you have ever seen. the environment is supremely tranquil and silent. Savour the sensual delights of this garden and feel as if you have all the time in the world to enjoy this natural oasis. As you look around you see that the center of this magical garden stands a towering, red lighthouse six stories high. Suddenly, the silence of the garden is disturbed by a loud creaking as the door at the base of the lighthouse opens. Out stumbles a nine-foot-tall, nine-hundred-pound sumo wrestler who casually wanders into the center of the garden. The Japanese sumo wrestler is almost totally naked. He has a pink wire cable covering his private parts.

As the sumo wrestler starts to move around the garden, he finds a shiny stopwatch which someone had left behind many years earlier. He slips it on, and falls to the ground with an enormous thus. The sumo wrestler is rendered unconscious and lies there, still and silent. Just when you think he has taken his last breath, the wrestler awakens, perhaps stirred by the fragrance of some fresh yellow roses blooming nearby. Energised the wrestler jumps swiftly to his feet and intuitively looks to is left. He is startled by what he sees. Through the bushes at the very end of the garden he observes a long winding path covered by millions of sparkling diamonds. Something seems to instruct the wrestler to take the path, and to his credit he does. This leads him down to road of everlasting joy and eternal bliss.

And now read it with the focus on the highlighted terms as they provide the basis of the message

You are sitting in the middle of a magnificent, lush green garden. This garden is filled with the most spectacular you have ever seen. The environment is supremely tranquil and silent. Savour the sensual delights of this garden and feel as if you have all the time in the world to enjoy this natural oasis. As you look around you will see that in the centre of this magnificence stands a towering, red lighthouse, six stories high. Suddenly, the silence is broken as a loud creaking door at the base of the lighthouse opens. Out stumbles a nine-foot-tall, nine-hundred-pound Japanese sumo wrestler who casually wanders into he centre of the garden.he Japanese sumo wrestler is almost totally naked. He has a pink wire cable covering his private parts.

As the sumo wrestler starts to move around the garden, he finds a shiny gold stopwatch which someone had left behind many years earlier. He slips it on, and falls to the ground with an enormous thus. The sumo wrestler is rendered unconscious and lies there, still and silent. Just when you think he has taken his last breath, the wrestler awakens, perhaps stirred by the fragrance of some fresh yellow roses blooming nearby. Energised the wrestler jumps swiftly to his feet and intuitively looks to is left. He is startled by what he sees. Through the bushes at the very end of the garden he observes a long winding path covered by millions of sparkling diamonds. Something seems to instruct the wrestler to take the path, and to his credit he does. This leads him down to road of everlasting joy and eternal bliss.

The Garden
Master your Mind

The Wisdom

Cultivate your mind it will blossom beyond your expectation
The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your thoughts.
There are no mistakes only lessons. See setbacks as opportunities for personal expansion and spiritual growth.

The Techniques

The Heart of the Rose - stare at the centre or the heart of the rose each day
Opposition Thinking- very time you have a negative thought do something like take a bead off a bead chain you carry
The Secret of the Lake - arise early in the morning, go to your " secret lake" and perform a physical regime.

Some good Quotes

" No matter what happens to you in your life, you alone have the capacity to choose your response to it. "

"Stop judging events as either positive or negative. Rather simply experience them, celebrate them and learn from them."

"Enlightened thinkers know that their thoughts form their world and the quality of one's life comes down to the richness of one's thoughts. If you want to live a more peaceful, meaningful life, you must think more peaceful, more meaningful thoughts."

"So simply figure what turns you on and then do it?... you passion must someway improve and serve the lives of others."

"Everything is always created twice first in your mind then in reality".

The Lighthouse
Kindling your inner fire

The wisdom

The purpose of life is a life of purpose
Discovering and then realising your life work brings lasting fulfillment
Set clearly defined personal, professional and spiritual goals. and then have the courage to act on them.

The Techniques

The power of self examination
The five step method for attaining goals.
Clear mental image of the outcome
Put some positive pressure on yourself
Never set a goal with out attaching a timeline to it
Go and but a journal for a dream book hey a blog will do!
Rule 21: for a new behavior to be come a habit it has to be performed 21 days in a row.

Some good quotes

"We all have been granted a unique set of gifts and talents that will readily allow us to realise this life work. The key is to discover them, and in doing so, discover the main objective of your life"

"You will never be able to hit a target that you cannot see"

"Enthusiasms is one of the key ingredients for a lifetime of successful living"

The Sumo Wrestler
Practice Kaizen - the practice of constant and never ending improvement.

The Wisdom

Self mastery is the DNA of life mastery
Success on the outside begins within
Enlightenment comes through the consistent cultivation of your mind , body and soul.

The Techniques

Dot he things you fear
The 10 ancient Rituals for Radiant Living
The Ritual of Solitude
The Ritual of Physicality
The Ritual of Life Nourishment
The Ritual of Abundant Knowledge
The Ritual of Personal Reflection
The Ritual of Early Awakening (I almost closed the book now)
The Ritual of Music
The Ritual of the Spoken Word
The Ritual of Congruent Character - daily incremental action to improve your character
The Ritual of Simplicity

Some Good Quotes

"Try not to live your life bound by the shackles of your schedule. INstead focus on the things that your conscience and heart tell you to do. "

"Read as many books as you can...every answer to every problem you have ever faced is in print."

"We have many sleeping talents inside of us."

"Happiness comes through good judgment, , good judgment comes through experience and experience comes through bad judgment."

"Laugh"

"What would I do today if it was my last?"

Written affirmations: "I am inspired, disciplined and energised... I am strong, able and calm."

"when I change my in er world I change my outerworld."

"Take daily incremental action to build your character...anything that builds your virtues."

"Nothing to extremes, everything to moderation."

"So self mastery and Kaizen will help me help others by me helping myself."

The Pink Wired Cable
Live with Discipline

The Wisdom

Discipline is built by consistently performing small acts of courage
The more you nurture the embryo of self discipline , the more it will mature.
Willpower is the essential virtue of a fully actualised life

The Techniques

Mantras and Creative Envisioning
The Vow of Silence

Some good quotes

" Wage war against weaker thoughts that have crept into the palace of your mind. They will see they are unwanted and leave like unwelcome visitors."

"Truly enlightened people never seek to be like others. Rather, they seek to be superior to their former selves."

"It is still the dead of winter. The alarm goes off and you start to think of staying in bed. But instead of being a slave to your habits, you challenge them with more powerful thoughts. You start to picture in your mind's eye how you will look, feel and act when you are in peak physical shape...."

"I am more than I appear to be, all the world's strength and power rest inside me."

"Momentum is also the ingredient to self discipline."

The Gold Stopwatch
Respect your time

The Wisdom

Time is you most precious commodity and it is non renewable
Focus on your priorities and maintain balance
Simplify you life

The Techniques

The Ancient Rule of 20
Have the courage to say no.
The deathbed mentality

Some good Quotes

"Failing to plan is planning to fail."

"80% of the results you achieve in life come from 20%of the activities that occupy your time."

"Some people learn from the errors others have made. They are the wise. Others feel that true learning comes from personal experience. Such people endure needless pain and distress over the course of their life."

"enlightened people are priority driven.'

"Stop acting like you have 500 years to live..the best time to plant a tree was 40 years ago. The second best time is today. Don't even waste one minute of your day. Develop a deathbed mentality."

"Act if failure is impossible, and you success will be assured."

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

The Fresh Yellow Roses
Selflessly serve others

The wisdom

The quality of your life ultimately comes down to the quality of your contribution
To cultivate the sacredness of each day, live to give
By elevating the lives of others, your life reaches its highest dimensions.

The Techniques

Practice Daily Acts of Kindness
Give to those who ask
Cultivate richer relationships

Some Good Quotes

"The most noble thing you can do is to give to others. Start focussing on the higher purpose."

"The quality of your life comes down to the quality of your contribution."

"A little bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives you roses."

"When you take care to practice random acts of kindness daily, your life becomes richer and more meaningful."

"..start seeing yourself as part of the collective."

"..shedding the shackles of self..."

"when we are born we are crying while the world rejoices...we should live our lives in such a way that when we die, the world cries while we are rejoicing."

"The person with three solid friends is very wealthy indeed."

The Path of Diamonds
Embrace the present

The Wisdom

Live in the here and now. Savour the gift of the present.
Never sacrifice happiness for achievement
Savour the journey and live each day as your last.

The Techniques

Live your children's childhood
Practice gratitude
Grow your destiny

Some Good Quotes

"We are here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future. "

"Hours seemed to pass like minutes and I felt centred."

"...life doesn't always give you what you ask for, but it always gives you what you need."

" We are all here for some special reason... Meditate on what your true calling is, and how you can give yourself to others."

Admin
Admin

https://aguide.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum